Dt 125 Cylinder head

profscooter
This post is 5199 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to all, i've recently bought a dt 125 r whick i believe to be a 91 model but not sure. Still has the frame and engine number but my local bike shop couldn't find the year of the bike, i do know for sure though that t is a pre 97 model as it doesn't have the electric power valve motor fitted.

My question is, can i fit a later cylinder head to my original barrel as my cylinder head has been damaged as some tight fisted twonk fitted a cheap ass piston which has began to break up and damaged the top of the cylinder head just a few wee dents but i'd rather replace it or would i maybe get away with it?

Has anyone got a top end for a dt 125, also looking for a rear silencer??? I live in Dundee but would be willing to travel but not too far.

Thanks for looking

Scott

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if the head only has a couple of dints that are hardly noticeable then you can get away with it, but if there are deep chunks then ul need a new one. you could always sand the inside of the head, to smooth out the dents if you really wanted to (might even improve performance a little) just get some wet/dry on it and rub it for a week or two should sort it out lovely! you may also want to put a 0.5 bigger jet in to compensate for the work.

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online