Getting Ready For Winter Riding

XT Alan
This post is 7228 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Actually I did go out a few times last Winter on the old Divvy 6 that I had as a rat bike.

As you say Alan...deserted roads, and Rhayader was like a ghost town compared to the Summer chaos.

Nice ain't without the power rangers around 8)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I usually attend an annual Polar Bear Run every New Years Day....rain or shine 8) ...absolute bliss on the roads!......

Everyone is @ home passed out for the day, from tying one on the night before :drunk :lol:

My Yams have always ran well in the winter month's :tu

Here in Aberystwyth we do a run on Boxing Day down to Cardigan. Up to 20 of us. Stop off in a pub down there for a bite and a coffee and to thaw out, then back to Aber. Probably the fastest ride of the year! Hardly a car on this great road, which in the summer is a complete pain in the arse.

On one occasion, a friend and I went for a spin and stopped off at the Dolwen Cafe, near Llanidloes. When we walked in we were completely white with frost. The other customers had a good crack with us about being "old enough to know better". But you know what? Particularly on the faces of the men, there was envy. They were stuck going to Garden Centre with wifey and we were having a little adventure.

PS If you don't know it Pete, the Dolwen Cafe is a 5* establishment. Proper British food - roast and 3 veg and the best All Day Breakfast in the Universe.

When we walked in we were completely white with frost. The other customers had a good crack with us about being "old enough to know better". But you know what? Particularly on the faces of the men, there was envy. They were stuck going to Garden Centre with wifey and we were having a little adventure.

:lol: I've seen those looks before also....plenty of times :wink:

The scenario I always get a kick out of.......is when I roll up to a traffic light, next to an SUV full of kids & the "Soccer Mom" driver telling all the kids to roll up the windows & STOP staring @ the loon on the bike! :lol:

Nice ain't without the power rangers around 8)

Cheeky. You don't get rid of all of us you know! :lol::lol:

Cheeky. You don't get rid of all of us you know! :lol:  :lol:

Don't doubt that!......Sorta like a bad penny......just won't Go Away :roll: :lol:

We don't mind Lady Power Rangers NT!

Course you all need a portion of OldSchool in order to see the light!  8)

:shock: We're not going back to uniforms are we :lol:

A French Maid's uniform may be required NT.  8)  

But I can't find one to fit me!  :lol:

Now THAT would be a sight! :shock: :laugh

I've been restoring a really crappy bike so I have loads of shite stuff to put back on it for over winter.

It'll be used and I can se that the WD40 bill will be rising.

:D

I'm planning a respray over winter so the bike will be laid up for some of the time. Some guys I went out with on Monday have said that they still go up hartside in the snow so it looks like I'll have to find some decent thermals then.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online