d.b.'s 350A

d.b.
This post is 5208 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks, thought i'd be sociable...

I've had my RD since i was 19 and it's past 57,000 miles now. It was totally original when i bought it for £250 just 24 years ago but not anymore...

Well its a long story of crashes, holed pistons, seized cranks, bashed tanks, blind stupidity, split seats & rusty mudguards.

But... it's also a story of Harry Barlow tuning & handmade stainless 'spannies, Akront rims, Spondon brake, Giuliari seat, '80s Ultimate Streetbike comps, 30 thousand-odd miles of thrashing round North Wales and a recent 1500 mile round trip to France (ow!).

It's in bits at the mo due to a worn oil pump-induced near seizure. Now up to 2mm o/s but still original barrels yay!

I also lost my sidepanel a couple of weeks ago which i found AFTER it had been run over grrr!

Luckily i have a full set of spare paintwork (painted Austin Rover purple/ blue) which the bike's been wearing for 15 years or so. I've kept the original plum-coloured stuff, i just need to fix the tank, dented after binning it on a forestry track :blush:

It also has RXS100 inlet rubbers, one of which is split, i don't suppose anyone can help?

How do i add pics?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi folks, thought i'd be sociable...

I've had my RD since i was 19 and it's past 57,000 miles now. It was totally original when i bought it for £250 just 24 years ago but not anymore...

Well its a long story of crashes, holed pistons, seized cranks, bashed tanks, blind stupidity, split seats & rusty mudguards.

But... it's also a story of Harry Barlow tuning & handmade stainless 'spannies, Akront rims, Spondon brake, Giuliari seat, '80s Ultimate Streetbike comps, 30 thousand-odd miles of thrashing round North Wales and a recent 1500 mile round trip to France (ow!).

It's in bits at the mo due to a worn oil pump-induced near seizure. Now up to 2mm o/s but still original barrels yay!

I also lost my sidepanel a couple of weeks ago which i found AFTER it had been run over grrr!

Luckily i have a full set of spare paintwork (painted Austin Rover purple/ blue) which the bike's been wearing for 15 years or so. I've kept the original plum-coloured stuff, i just need to fix the tank, dented after binning it on a forestry track :blush:

It also has RXS100 inlet rubbers, one of which is split, i don't suppose anyone can help?

How do i add pics?

Oh wow these are the bikes i really love, you can keep your shiny mint resto's your 350 has LIVED.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online