Dt 125 MX 1979

Tharamorn
This post is 5213 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a 1979 Dt 125 mx and am having problems getting a constant spark. I've replaced the coil, plug cap and plug also I have rplaced a lot of the wire connections with new ones. After doing this I kicked the bike over and had a very strong and constant spark, put plug back in and tried but got nothing so i removed plug cap and checked for a spark with a new plug and there was nothing. 5 mins later tried again and got a spark all be it a weak one, then nothing. Can anybody give me some advice please.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've replaced the coil, plug cap and plug also I have rplaced a lot of the wire connections with new ones.

This could be the problem.

How did you do this? All the connectors are factory fitted and not really replaceable. Did you cut them off? and replace withsomething else? how did you attach to the cut wites?

OK I am making lots of guesses here because your post lacks detail :rolleyes: Oh and I suppose a hello might be appropriate for a first time poster

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online