DTR 125 1989 Water ump/crank

gibbo1975
This post is 5212 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry to keep asking silly questions folks but ive just filled my dt up with water after a complete restrip and rebuild to sort crank bearings out. When taking the r/h side casing off again for a diff problem i noticed it had water in it. Is there sum sort of rubber seal i need to put between the crank casing and main casing to to seal the water off from the oil ?????? I have used a gasket to join the casings.

I bought a full gasket kit whilst rebuiling the engine and it comes with 3 rubber O shaped seals. A small black seal and 2 larger redish seals do i need to take my water pump off and use the black seal in the casing??? And can any1 tell me what the other redish seals are for please.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL (IF ANY) REPLYS

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry to keep asking silly questions folks but ive just filled my dt up with water after a complete restrip and rebuild to sort crank bearings out. When taking the r/h side casing off again for a diff problem i noticed it had water in it. Is there sum sort of rubber seal i need to put between the crank casing and main casing to to seal the water off from the oil ?????? I have used a gasket to join the casings.

I bought a full gasket kit whilst rebuiling the engine and it comes with 3 rubber  O shaped seals. A small black seal and 2 larger redish seals do i need to take my water pump off and use the black seal in the casing??? And can any1 tell me what the other redish seals are for please.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL (IF ANY) REPLYS

No such thing as a silly question imo.

DT125R-FULLSET.jpg

Ok from memory, the black o-ring is for the thermostat housing .  The 2 red ones are for the power valve end caps. The small black seal may be for the coolant transfer pipe that runs across the front of the engine. 

There should be a seal on the water pump on the clutch housing and they are a known fail point on DTR's as this is the only way water can enter the gearbox oil. ( you wont get one of these in a gasket kit)

http://motorcycleproducts.co.uk/catalogue/water-pump-seal-yamaha-dt125r-199003-p-158164.html < out of stock till July 5th though, you may have to dig around for one.

Vez.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online