Aftermarket exhaust for XS400 Special

johnsnownw
This post is 5194 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What would be the biggest issue with adding a new exhaust, probably just mufflers, to the bike? I've been looking at some of the mufflers on MikesXS, and was wondering how much work would be involved.

Thanks again.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If the new ones are less restrictive you might have to re-jet. That's about the worst. I don't know if the 650's had the same diameter headers, but even if they're different mikes sells the adapters.

If the new ones are less restrictive you might have to re-jet. That's about the worst. I don't know if the 650's had the same diameter headers, but even if they're different mikes sells the adapters.

I suppose, then, the question becomes how do you know that you'll need to re-jet, and then what re-jetting you need? What are the symptoms, so-to-speak, of a need to re-jet?

• 3 weeks later...

I found a pretty good deal on some 2/2 Mac mufflers. Does anyone know if these would require a re-jet?

http://www.cyclewareables.com/pages/exhausts_mac_mufflers/exhaust_mac_mufflers.htm

really you should ask the vendor, then, if it requires jetting the onus is back on them.

i would say they don't need rejetting

really you should ask the vendor, then, if it requires jetting the onus is back on them.

i would say they don't need rejetting

Thanks Drewps.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online