Extra Lights YBR

This post is 5212 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

How many Amps can I pull for a set of extra lights for my YBR 125 custom.

I'm sure anyone with experience of night driving a YBR will appreciate how utterly rubbish the lights are- even with a xenon bulb.

So I'm looking at sticking some lights on the sides of the forks- but I need to know how many amps/watts I can draw.

Also- I'm a good PCB electrician, but I've never used relays before. Where would I connect the relay for the extra lights?

Cheers guys!!!

Tommy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd use the existing wiring to control the relay and run new power feed direct from the battery (with a fuse to protect the circuit). Doing this on its own may actually improve the lights by a noticeable amount. You'd have to delve in and see the best way to do this.

Its unlikely there will be masses of power spare. You could use HID lamps that consume far less power then standard bulbs, or change all the bulbs (except the head lamp)that are on when you turn the lights on for LEDs - this may free up an amp or 2.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online