ttr 660

This post is 5204 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, having not long passed my test (and finally convinced the other half to let me buy a bike!) i bought a ttr 660 locally. however i cant seem to find out any info on this bike? power, value etc. any info would be greatly recieved. its a 1999 ttr 660

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i cant seem to find out any info on this bike? power, value etc. any info would be greatly recieved. its a 1999 ttr 660

660 ?

It's either a XT660, or a TTR600 ???

I'll assume it's the TTR

It's a bit of an open ended question, but I'll try to give you something, and I'm sure one or two others will pop along to add stuff.

Here goes,

Firstly, you've bought a great bike, these are the true globetrotting bikes (never mind the overpriced BMUU stuff with TT RTW crap all over them ). These air heads are great, and can sit on Motorway or goat track and anything in between (with the right rubber on them)

Power - You're not going to break any records here :) The bike produce about 40ish HP, maybe a bit more. You can help them along by changing the needles and air filter, but it's not going to give you the same as a twin, tripple, in-line or V motor. There is also a modification you can do to the <dirty side> air box to help it breath a little better. Personally, I wouldn't (and haven't) bothered.

In terms of a refference point, I also have a 08 XT660Z Tenere and the TTR is quicker (even though 60cc less) from standing start to 50 mph. Probably down to it's 18" rear and more off-road gearing than the Tenere.

Comfort, it depends, I find it comfortable enough (way better than a DRZ), but then I ride it mainly off-road so I'm very annomated in the saddle (I move about alot).

Living on a island you are OK, but the fuel range on these is poor, with only 7litres before reserve you can cover about 60 miles before having to turn the tap. Long range tanks are available new from £300ish or sometimes (but very rare) on ebay for a bit less.

Fuel, here is a tip, I thought it was just me, but one or two other TTR owners have agree'd; Make sure you turn the fuel tap OFF, before killing the motor. For some reason the bike doesn't like the fuel being left on, and starting it after is a pig!

The clocks are a bit weak, especially the surrounding. It can frackture under heavy off-road riding (the really bumpy crap), but you can always replace with a nice TrailTech unit if you want.

The TTR's do appear to hold thier value, I've seen one go for £1500, but mostly they do tend to stick around the £2k mark - if you can find one! they are quite rare to see for sale.

Your bike is an import, the only ones that aren't are the 04 & 05 TT600RE's with the electric start.

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but if you have any more specific question - fire away...

i need to check docs but its def. a ttr right enuf! thanks a lot for all the info, i will try turning feul off as have been having problems with the starting after long runs and short stops, i thought i was flooding it as always goes after leaving it for a bit. thanks again for your help

TECHNICAL SPECS YAMAHA TTR600 1999 :

35c2agk.jpg

wvsqd0.jpg

28ixabc.jpg

10s9f1f.jpg

2ihm36f.jpg

4g3vhg.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online