How to make a track bike?????

Guest DScarfy
This post is 5180 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest DScarfy

Hi there,

My brother has just given me a 1999 yamaha R6, as i have a 2006 R6 already I want to turn this 1999 R6 into a track bike. I've never been on the track before as I've been to afiard to take my own bike on track, but now I've got this older bike at my disposal the sky's the limit.

I know it's my brothers bike but he's gone and lost the V5 For it, would this be a problem? Also I've never done this before and have little money so any tips from you pro's out there would be greatlly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read, please reply if you can.

• 1 month later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well im no expert infact I have very little idea about this. But I would recommend changing the carb to a racing carb change the exhaust to a racing exhaust try and find some lightweight fairing just make it as light as possible get rid of the headlights by buying racing fairing theres many ways just go to try and find the most effective ways

the idea is to make it as light as posible! so take anything you dont need off like fairing, lights, anything that adds wheight then get a racing exhaust or straight through pipe and get the carb re-jetted (so that its race tuned) take it somewhere to get it dynoed and a power comander fitted to suit then put some slicks on it and lower the suspention slightly.....think thats about it ...oh yeah put brain to one side and ride the thing!