DT125X only starts sometimes

mares01
This post is 5135 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

Got a DT125X when you try to start it in the morning its fine however when the engine has warmed up abit and you turn it off and try to start it again you can hear the starter turning over but it doesn’t want to start if you keep trying it will start after about 4 times

Any idea what this might be?

Thanks for your help

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

IMO it sounds like the starter motor is not engaging the teeth on the flywheel to turn the engine over.

Try and lightly tap the starter motor with a hammer or similar to see if it changes. ( its on the bottom of the engine)

Failing that whip the left hand side of the engine and then have a look at where the stater motor gear protrudes through and see if that reveals anything. ( if you need any pointers on this let me know)

Vez.

IMO it sounds like the starter motor is not engaging the teeth on the flywheel to turn the engine over.

Try and lightly tap the starter motor with a hammer or similar to see if it changes. ( its on the bottom of the engine)

Failing that whip the left hand side of the engine and then have a look at where the stater motor gear protrudes through and see if that reveals anything. ( if you need any pointers on this let me know)

Vez.

I agree mr Vez,

only the starter is spinning me thinks.

Just remember having the same issue back when i fixed forklift trucks, iirc the starter engages with a centrifugal kind of force and would sometimes stick, a swift tap with a hammer would fix it more often than not.  :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online