Stuck carb mounting screws.

johnsnownw
This post is 5213 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

How do you guys remove these things? I have been using an impact driver to no avail. All I seem to be doing is destroying the screw heads. I've gotten 3 out of the 8 off, the others just won't budge. It's quite infuriating TBH.

Aaron

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How do you guys remove these things? I have been using an impact driver to no avail. All I seem to be doing is destroying the screw heads. I've gotten 3 out of the 8 off, the others just won't budge. It's quite infuriating TBH.

Aaron

impact usually does it with the correct head on

try pliers with the serated part over the head. it'll ruin the screws, but their screwed anyways!

spray them down with a penitrating lube like PB blaster and let it soak in for an hour then spay them again, repeat till they break loose

...exactly- and if they still don't come, warm them up with a propane torch.

...exactly- and if they still don't come, warm them up with a propane torch.

just be carefull, if you put on to much heat the heads can snap off and then you gotta chase the threads. (not fun)

I got fed up and decided to take it to my local shop. They were able to extract them, problem solved.

cheat :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online