xs400 choke stuck all the way in

armyofda12mnkeys
This post is 5214 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Pulled the choke out, warmed up my bike, put it back in and rode to the store 20m away. Then started her up there and noticed my choke is stuck. Tried pulling relatively hard to no avail. guess its alright for now, bike doesnt really need choke in warm weather but would be nice to figure out whats goin' on in there be4 <60 degrees rolls around?

Bike is a 1978 XS400E

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Pulled the choke out, warmed up my bike, put it back in and rode to the store 20m away. Then started her up there and noticed my choke is stuck. Tried pulling relatively hard to no avail. guess its alright for now, bike doesnt really need choke in warm weather but would be nice to figure out whats goin' on in there be4 <60 degrees rolls around?

Bike is a 1978 XS400E

there's 2 indents in the rod which are held by ball and spring to hold choke in two positions.

the chokes themselves are just brass tubes which slide in a cylinder with a rubber seal on the end.

check the screws holding the "fingers" to the rod are secure and not sqiffy causing the jam (or marlalade)

drewps

there's 2 indents in the rod which are held by ball and spring to hold choke in two positions.

the chokes themselves are just brass tubes which slide in a cylinder with a rubber seal on the end.

check the screws holding the "fingers" to the rod are secure and not sqiffy causing the jam (or marlalade)

drewps

heh, checked that area and i tried my hardest for 30m to see what was problem.

the rod looked fine. the screws on the rod area looked fine...

I tried pulling the left side carb part that the rod 'pulls' to see if that was causing the rod itself to jam and hence not pulling both sides open, (couldnt reach the right side to test that side out)... anyway couldnt pull it out, thought maybe it was the right side jamming up the whole thing. was gonna pull off seat/tank tomorrow to look around there/pull carbs off...

Decided maybe while Im lookin round that area that i'd just set the idle mixture screws while i figure it out what the problem with choke is tomorrow lol...

Tried pulling the choke on a whim right after that and bam it came out lol. weird. rub the rod with a lil' oil just in case.

Thanks drewps!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online