dt 125 electrics

toolmaster
This post is 5215 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi i have transfered all componets of a 1994 dt 125r that was cat b damaged to another frame which i intend for track use but got to the part where i need to refit electrics does anyone know what the min i need to get the bike to run

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Make you a deal, you introduce yourself to the forum properly, and ill take the time to tell you.

Vez.

hi lets start again

let me introduce my self formlty i`ve not used any forum before so do not know the formalities

i`am a new member with ltd bike knowlege but a passion for learning

i recently purchased a cat b write off dt125r with frame damage i`ve sorced another frame and transfered all coomponets apart from lights and wiring loom but need some help in what to connect to get engine to run which ran fine before i assume i will not need the loom as its only for offroad use to have some fun with my son

any help will be appricated thanks

Ok a deals a deal. ( Welcome to the forum )

The bare minimum will be:

- CDi

- Ignition HT coil

- Engine kill switch

- Flywheel Stator/generator.

Wiring is as obvious as join the dots.

You may need the side stand switch also.

Pictures of the finished bike would be good. ;)

Vez

Welcome toolmaster :D

I have to ask why you did not transfer the loom also?

As far as i'm aware DTR's of different ages will not have the same loom so as Vez says joining the dots may be difficult, for example the cdi may be mounted in a different place on the two bikes and have different pluc connectors.

...Paul

Hi

I still have the loom but i thought that just the offroad use i would not need it as theres alot of unsed wiring all the componets match in the new frame so must be age related just need to know which wire to connect to the cdi unit and the coil as ive tried using the loom to the parts mentioned as the connectors dictate what gos where but something else where all the wires go at the headlight must need to be connected as i have no spark thanks

Have you got the key switch fitted and operational, have you bypassed the stand switch??

have you connected the neutral light?

Do you want a working PV if so you will need the battery and fuse fitted.

I have no experience of this but Vez has...he has an off road DTR

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online