rear shocks xvs125 (bobber)

Paulwhite
This post is 5231 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi im needing to find some rear shocks for my xvs 125 bobber project but cant find any :(

im needing the shocks to be 230mm (minimum) and have 14mm bolt holes preferably in chrome/ black/ white or red

iv looked on ebay and found some 230mm shocks but the bolt holes are only 10mm so im struggeling to find any the size i need :( plus im not too sure how far they will compress once there on the bike.

just wonderd if anyone could point me in the right direction?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Um I took a quick flick on ebay.

A lot of shocks are on there - not specifically for an xvs125 yet I don't think it matters does it??? Or am I - yet again - quite simply wrong.

e.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Suzuki-Kawasaki-Motorcycle-Rear-Shock-Absorbers-325mm-/350358317683?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item5192fbaa73#ht_3122wt_1137

if the glove fits then why not?

Moreover - a lot of people simply list them as "rear shocks" with no dimensions - so I'm sure if you asked "the seller a question" they would respond. That is, if you didn't want 2nd hand ones.

Regards

Chris

nah ur quite right it dont matter if there yammy ones or not just need to find some the right size, i can get them the right legnth but its the bolt holes that im having troble with cause there 14mm !??! :blink: most that iv seen are only 10mm but guess i could modify them to fit 14mm.

im not fussed if there new or not iv put aside 80 quid to spend on them so il just go for the ones which need the least work.

i tend not to look at the ones with no dimentions as my way of thinking is if they wont put decent details up then what are they trying to hide? so il only look at ones with good details. B)

I'm always looking for new parts - just to think - "hmmm. I wonder what that would look/perform like on my bike" haha!

so yeah I'll keep an eye out for 14mms. when im doing my searches.