82 xs400sj

tudor55
This post is 5140 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey got a problem with my bike it will back fire when i let off the throttle and i have notice that is will misfire almost at 4000 rpm ,where should i start the carbs ,change coil already and plugs still the same!

I have clean the carbs every year pretty much and for some reason it gets better but not solve totally.

Voltage is 14.5 at 3000rpm so that's good ,i did however burn up the diode and replace it with a new one and it burn also! but i got one to work maybe my current to low or to high!

I'm lost and manual doesn't help all to much .

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey got a problem with my bike it will back fire when i let off the throttle and i have notice that is will misfire almost at 4000 rpm ,where should i start the carbs ,change coil already and plugs still the same!

I have clean the carbs every year pretty much and for some reason it gets better but not solve totally.

Voltage is 14.5 at 3000rpm so that's good ,i did however burn up the diode and replace it with a new one and it burn also! but i got one to work maybe my current to low or to high!

I'm lost and manual doesn't help all to much .

4k revs is where the pilot system is taken over by the mains.

look at the carbs first

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online