XS 400 brake light stuck on. Suggestions?

1981xs400II
This post is 5219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The front brake switch is in the brake lever perch. 2 going in, brown, and green/yellow.

You could disconnect the rear switch, should have bullet connectors on it. If the lights still on, probably the front switch.

Thenn try unplugging the front switch. I believe the plug is in the headlight bucket.

The front brake switch is in the brake lever perch. 2 going in, brown, and green/yellow.

You could disconnect the rear switch, should have bullet connectors on it. If the lights still on, probably the front switch.

Thenn try unplugging the front switch. I believe the plug is in the headlight bucket.

That makes perfect sense..I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks!

I did get a chance to check out the headlight bucket and disconnected the front brake light connections. It did solve the problem..now I have to check out the switch. Anything I should take caution while taking it apart? I have had springs pop out unknowingly and that was not fun. Thanks!

I did get a chance to check out the headlight bucket and disconnected the front brake light connections. It did solve the problem..now I have to check out the switch. Anything I should take caution while taking it apart? I have had springs pop out unknowingly and that was not fun. Thanks!

its just a sprung mom switch, very simple, 1 spring. I did strip one down but ended up getting new as it was worn out!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online