xs400 headlight mounting brackets question

armyofda12mnkeys
This post is 5218 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I was debating replace my xs400 mounting brackets with the simple kind that can just screw on the fork (like these)

I was curious... the stock 'mounting brackets' that are on the XS bikes are these kind. like they are part of the fork vs a screw-in type like aftermarket ones.

Can I just remove the old ones when i start working on my forks and screw in the new brackets onto whatever is underneith that? or there is ugly metal underneith them and they are NOT meant to be removed (like maybe what I'd want to do is chop off the actual headlight mount that is welded? onto that stock metal piece and attach/screw the aftermarket mounting brackets onto that metal piece).

Thanks!

On a sidenote, Anyone know anyone from Philly that would come over and help me on my forks and get paid to teach me a thing or two haha (id like to do it right and no mechanic Ive talked to will let me help/watch). I have all the parts/supplies/and most tools needed for front-end (replace steering bearings, install gaiters, install oil seals). Could be an ongoing thing, as i wanted to learn carbs next.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you'll be ok with those aftermarket ones.

I was asking as the old stock ones seem like they are part of the upper fork system with those mounting pieces to kinda permanently attached the cylindrical part that goes over the upper fork.

I can just remove the whole thing entirely when putting front-end back on?

That would be nice as then I can just screw in the aftermarket ones even after i put the forks back on.

I was asking as the old stock ones seem like they are part of the upper fork system with those mounting pieces to kinda permanently attached the cylindrical part that goes over the upper fork.

I can just remove the whole thing entirely when putting front-end back on?

That would be nice as then I can just screw in the aftermarket ones even after i put the forks back on.

you'll be ok with those aftermarket ones.

:)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online