SR125 forks

eternallytroubled
This post is 5142 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

I have a 1993 SR125. I discovered that the forks were bent by the previous owner crashing (I assume) and decided to replace them so I bought some

off ebay.

Unfortunatly I hadn't realised that the later 1999-onwards model has a different fixing between the top of the forks and the top yoke, plus the disc isoon the other side. Of course the forks I have bought (I realised now) are off the later model! DOH!

I have taken a few sets of forks apart before, so I have considered taking the stanchions out of the later forks and seeing if I could fit them to the old bottoms.

Before I rip them all apart and see what happens (or sell them again on ebay :), can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Also, the '99 forks seem about 1 or 2 inches longer than the 1993 ones - does anyone think this will be a problem or make any difference?

Cheers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The chopper boys do this sort of thing all the time, swapping the bottoms of forks to suit different forks/wheel combos. While I'm not recommending it, it does happen a lot.

If the forks are the same diameter and the bolt in the bottom is the same dia and, in theory its possble to swap the bottoms.

The othe thing, can you swap the disc over? Sometimes both sides of the wheel are drilled and taped for discs.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online