dt175mx(1978)

mattenduro
This post is 5219 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi im new here and i cant work out how the puser coil works on my dt when it dosent have anything pusing past it. Can anyone tell me how it nows how to send power to the cdi at the right moment. this is driving me nuts i hope i´ve missed something really stupid thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi im new here and i cant work out how the puser coil works on my dt when it dosent have anything pusing past it. Can anyone tell me how it nows how to send power to the cdi at the right moment. this is driving me nuts i hope i´ve missed something really stupid thanks in advance

Hi I think that its the spacing of the magnets inside the flywheel. There is a gap, well slightly wider spacing at one point and i think the CDI can 'see' the gap.

At least thats my understanding anyway.

Hi I think that its the spacing of the magnets inside the flywheel. There is a gap, well slightly wider spacing at one point and i think the CDI can 'see' the gap.

cheers man i will check that 2mrw and let you know how it goes i dont surpose you know the ohms values of the stat coils by any chance

cheers man i will check that 2mrw and let you know how it goes i dont surpose you know the ohms values of the stat coils by any chance

Check the resistance of the magneto stator coils

Pulser white/red to black = 12.4 Ohm +- 10%

Source coil, Brown to black = 420 Ohm +- 10%

I wondered how the pulse occurs at the right moment too, dont worry too much about it though, just check with a strobe light and you will see it is correct. there will be some lines on the rotor and a line on the casing.

100_1023.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online