New member saying hi!

1981xs400II
This post is 5220 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just wanted to check in and say hi. I recently purchased a 1981 XS 400 Special II and am looking forward to all the great information this forum can supply! I have ridden a few bikes in my day but nothin really serious. This is the biggest bike that I have owned. The first bike I rode as a kid was a Yamaha YZ80, and a couple years ago I played with a 1973 Yamaha U70 stepthrough. My new bike has basically sat for the past 5 years and wasnt ridden much at all. Today is the first day I have had to get aquainted with it (it does run) but will need a lot of maintenance and TLC. I will post some pics once I get it cleaned up. I love these forums! Cheers! Sherwin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Sherwin and welcome to the 'nut house', plenty of XS owners here m8 so you wont be stuck for help and good advice :)

Hi Sherwin and welcome to the 'nut house', plenty of XS owners here m8 so you wont be stuck for help and good advice :)

Thanks!I got the bike running today, but when I stopped a few times it would just konk out. What position is the petcock suppose to be at? It seems that when I have it on the "on" position it wants to stall. Reserve seems to be better. Here is a pic.

img00310.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online