DTR 125 1989 Rear Brake and Caliper problem

gibbo1975
This post is 5222 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Folks sorry if i sound a bit daft on here its probably cos i sumtimes am when it comes to bikes. I have a 1989 DTR125 that is currently used off road.

Ive been trying to get my rear brake working. Have tried bleading it and got all the air out but still got no pressure on the pedal. i have checked the rear master cylinder and all seems no be ok i.e no split seals ect. Had the caliper off and the pads and disk are fine. The piston does not move when the caliper is off and i push the pedal so im thinking its something to do with that. The piston is pushed all the way back to the caliper and i cant seem to get it to move. Does any 1 have any ideas as to how i can get the piston out so i can check it and the seals.

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i have a xt125 and ive had the same problem my stepdad and i bled the rear break and still had no presser where the master cylinder is the top pipe leadeing to it had air in that so all i did was unscrew it a little and some bubbles came out of it and got the presher back in. try that and if all else fails then let me know ok ? hope ive helped

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online