touring xt

This post is 7336 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

found this pic while browsing, looks like this guy's planning a BIG tour on his xt 8) they seem to attract every type of rider...

yamaha.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd like to see a shot from the other side to see how he's mounted the pannier....cos that side does stick out a fair way due to the silencer being mounted inside the panel.

I bet it looks a bit outta balance from the back view :?

That's what I'm thinking Scott...cos when you look at an XT600E from behind it does look lopsided due to the inflated sidepanel.

It seems like alot of Big-Bore (in particular) Thumpers are like that nowadays :?

What a good looking set up, this XT really looks the part.

Mine now has a top box on Yamaha's own brand carrier. The carrier is not pretty, but it has very useful bungee points all over which meant that when we went to Scotland I could lay and attach my tent and sleeping bag across the back seat securely. Top box is 35 litres and takes cameras, utensils, clothing etc. All kept nice and narrow with no effect on the handling. A big tour would need a set up like the bike in the picture. My concern with panniers is the way they can change the handling characteristics of a bike and top boxes can often cause head shakes due to turbulence.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online