Boot Quest

XT Alan
This post is 7214 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Now that I am venturing off road with a purpose, I have found that my excellent Gaerne road bike boots are simply not up to the job. They are much too fragile and do not offer enough support.

I have been on the look out for some dual purpose boots for a few weeks and until today was frustrated. I have looked far and wide. All there was around were either full on MotoX boots or, almost as ridiculous on the road, Enduro Boots. Very heavy and not designed for walking. Also the steel toe caps on all these boots are a bit too Mad Max for me. The Gericke boots that look Adventure Sports were too weedy for serious mud plugging.

Today I found the answer: The boots worn by Trials Riders are perfect for dual sport/adventure biking. Good thick tread, water proof, supportive and rugged, yet with plenty of feel.

Where did I find them? David Jones, just down the road (Welsh style 45 miles away), who run and sell trials bikes.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online