Yamaha Rule OK!

XT Alan
This post is 7210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just heard from a fellow XT660 owner that the dodgy machining on the front of the XT engine cases is common to ALL the new XTs. The fault has been conceded by his dealer AND Yamaha (after a recitation from the Sales of Goods Act) and compensation in the form of Free 6000 mile service and freebies from the Yamaha Catalogue have been offered to my friend. All XT owners are free to pursue Yamaha now that the precedent has been established.

Imagine Honda, Kawasaki or Suzuki doing the same.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's good to know that a company will support it's products like in Yamaha's case.

Cos most of them won't!  :roll:

Does suzuki spring to mind :?:

Honda are absolutely terrible, I know from experience, and, if you read last week's MCN, a customer had to, literally, get into an armed seige scenario, with cops the lot, to get compensation from Kawasaki.

Suzuki are OK on individual claims, but not so hot when it comes to general faults ie rear sub-frames on Hayabusas.

Actually, I remember Triumph replacing ALL the frames on one of their models without so much as a peep.

That's the way it should be done :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online