DTR125 2001 Temp Gauge High ?

This post is 5016 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What should my temp needle be reading as mine is still reaching the far right at traffic lights !?

Have topped up the rad with coolant and the expansion tank is reading full, but the needle still near enough hits the red :unsure: (in the little gap between white and red) when idling for a short while. Theres no change in power or any noises or anything, just dont want it to run toooo hot :( ! I havent actually waited any longer to see if it does actually over heat, to concentrated on getting away from the lights for some air flow so the needle will drop ! Maybe me being paranoid ! :angry:

Cheers

2strokeray B)

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i had the same problem with my dtr once, just after i rebuilt the top end, the thermostat had stopped working. so check your thermostat, by placin it in a cup of boiling water or something to see if it opens. if it dont get a new one or just get rid of it, because i got rid of my thermostat and bike runs just as good maybe even better without it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online