xj600 divi

paulmc
This post is 5221 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have an 1993 xj600 divi,when i put it into gear it jums forward and stalls,i thought it would be the side stand switch faulty but i have disconnected the switch and it does exactly the same thing.has anybody had the same problem and knows how to sort it.thanks in advance.....paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure if sidestand switch is 'normaly closed' or 'nornmaly open' type, anyhoo, it wont do any harm to short the terminal that connects to it, its worth a try :)

Not sure if sidestand switch is 'normaly closed' or 'nornmaly open' type, anyhoo, it wont do any harm to short the terminal that connects to it, its worth a try :)i have totally disconected it from the bike so my very limited knowlege of electrics assumes that if the switch is not there it should work with or without the stand up or down.i think it may be a problem with the clutch itself as the bike gets very little use which i am told is not good for them.thanks for your reply...paul

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online