Yamaha XT 125 R height adjustment

This post is 5034 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Let the tires down a bit :unsure:

Im not familiar with the XT, but most bikes with mono shock and a swinging arm linkage are modifiable by changing the linkage arms for a longer ones to lower the bike, so i presume it is possible with an XT125R.

Heres a link that mentions a kit for the XT125R

http://ravenbladerider.wordpress.com/2009/01/29/lowering-kits-from-m-p/

Vez.

Hi,

Does anyone know how to adjust the height on a Yamaha XT 125 R 2010 model ?

Thanks

Tom

I have a 57 reg. and tbh i wasn't aware that you can adjust the height. i think its just a naturally low bike as its a mixture of on and offroad. probs why it hasn't got much ground clearance for taking it on the rough stuff

I think there is an adjuster nut on this model.

Isn't that the pre-load? it won't make the bike any lower, but if you 'loosen' it it will make the bike sag more when you are on it.

I didn't think these bikes were tall in the first place....

Isn't that the pre-load? it won't make the bike any lower, but if you 'loosen' it it will make the bike sag more when you are on it.

I didn't think these bikes were tall in the first place....

not sure what it is but there is a some sort of adjustment under the suspension which looks like it will lower it, I am 6 feet tall and I can only just reach the floor with tips of my toes, its just a little too high for me when I pull up at a junction.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

not sure what it is but there is a some sort of adjustment under the suspension which looks like it will lower it, I am 6 feet tall and I can only just reach the floor with tips of my toes, its just a little too high for me when I pull up at a junction.

Tom

I'm only 5ft 9 and i can but both feet flat on the ground :S