Yamaha YZF 600R Parts

R6-Harry
This post is 5149 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all, new to this place, but just bought my Yamaha YZF 600R 1997, my first bike but can't ride it just yet, 2 weeks is when I got my 2 module exams for DAS :) so wish me luck! Should be a piece of cake.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a pillion seat cover (rear) and a exhaust for my bike as it comes with standard. I typed "yamaha 600r exhaust" and "600r exhaust" on ebay and nothing come up for the bike, aswell as rear seat cowel and pillion cover. So just wondering if anyone knows where to get either and cheap? I don't want to spend alot, something which makes my bike sound nice and that can cover the pillion is all. Don't want a full system or a expensive Akropovic etc. :)

Thanks all! :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all, new to this place, but just bought my Yamaha YZF 600R 1997, my first bike but can't ride it just yet, 2 weeks is when I got my 2 module exams for DAS :) so wish me luck! Should be a piece of cake.

Anyway, I'm looking to get a pillion seat cover (rear) and a exhaust for my bike as it comes with standard. I typed "yamaha 600r exhaust" and "600r exhaust" on ebay and nothing come up for the bike, aswell as rear seat cowel and pillion cover. So just wondering if anyone knows where to get either and cheap? I don't want to spend alot, something which makes my bike sound nice and that can cover the pillion is all. Don't want a full system or a expensive Akropovic etc. :)

Thanks all! :)

hi i brought a scorpion end can for my thundercat same year as yours on ebay for £27 any end can will fit on your bike as long as it is off a 600 mine came from a 2003 r6 just needed 2 adjust the link pipe 2 get it to fit the hanger as it was 2 long and couldnt do the bolt up 2 hold it on bit its fine now

And how much did that cost to sort it out? So any exhaust can will fit at least it's a 600 can for yamaha's? Or literally any 600 like ninja's etc.

Well I just rung up the guy and he said it's a custom exhaust anyway, hes also giving me the stock one with it. So might not need too! :)

EDIT: I'm getting some cheap paddock stands with my bike, what difference will they be compared to the more expensive ones? I mean, is my bike going to fall off it? lol Can I still sit on my bike while it's on both paddock stands?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online