How Can I Lubricate The Rear Pivot Shaft Arm

This post is 5229 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Any help is welcome. I am trying to lube all the areas that mostly time and miles strip away and have done the wheel and steering bearings but I cannot figure out how to add grease to the rear pivot shaft. The owner’s manual, granted not a great resource, says apply it until it begins to show. It fails to show you were to apply it and were it will show. The last place I have to check is this area and the various rear suspension linkage connections and I am sure they are in need. Any advice is welcome. Thank you in advance.

I wanted to add one more thing. If you remove the caps one either side of the bike at, what I believe is the swing-arm connection you find a large bolt and a smaller hole. The hole only seems to be 10mm or so deep. Is this a lubrication point? The one side has a hole at the bottom as well and I believe that is just a moisture drain. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Which bike are you working on?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online