quick release sidecar clamps or brackets

AustenM
This post is 5116 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just got a Squire sidecar I need to use just for taking my daughter to the shows, so has anyone made or seen any clamps or some sort of system that can be bolted on in half hour?

On my 650 Dragstar (2000 model)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just got a Squire sidecar I need to use just for taking my daughter to the shows, so has anyone made or seen any clamps or some sort of system that can be bolted on in half hour?

On my 650 Dragstar (2000 model)

Hi I have had a thought, (it don't happen often) would the combo have to be registered as a different vehicle?

Hi I have had a thought, (it don't happen often) would the combo have to be registered as a different vehicle?

Good question. As I understand it at the moment (but could be wrong) in this country you can not have a ridehand car unless it's pre a certain year, can't remember the year.

Also, I think you only have to register it if the car wheel has drive in which case it has to be classed as a trike.

I think that's right.

So I think a lefthand car without drive doesn't need re-registering.

Anyone know anymore?

Good question though.

Nope. Nothing new, nothing different.

A sidecar outfit is not a trike.

However, you will pay more on the MOT.

Now, I seriously doubt you'll have a quick bolt-on solution.

The bike must be affixed to the sidecar with the right amount of lean angle, else you will not be able to ride in a straight line. This will require a secure, solid frame.

You could possibly fabricate a reasonable release system once it's all set up, but be damn sure the thing will hold solid. Not even a single degree of flex or a millimetre of slipage.