YBR 125 Small speaker set wiring

This post is 5231 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a small speaker and tuner set to fit to my YBR 125 as I dont want to risk using earphones, I haven't recieved them yet but am already wondering how I would connect the set up to my electrics of my bike.

The set apparently comes with all of the fuse fittings etc... heres a link - Speaker set

Could anyone help me out? im pretty neat with the rest of the fitting, its just the task of safely hooking it to the battery/alternator/whatever

Thanks

:)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As far as I've learnt, the YBR's stock battery wouldn't even be able to handle a 45w headlight, never mind a speaker set. It's a shame that you've already bought the product, as I would have recommended using a bluetooth stereo headset (You only need it for one ear) and play music or listen to the radio via mobile phone. If you do have a bigger/better battery, I think the alternator wouldn't be able to handle it either. Don't quote me on that, though!

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance

Not being harsh but why? I found with headphones that you couldnt really hear them whilst going along even turned right up (i dont like in ear ones which would be okay). Just a thought though, youd have to have the speakers pretty loud to be able to heaar them? Then everyone else at traffic lights etc will hear it too?

The speaker set is only very modest and i'll only be using it when the bike is running. I know a guy that runs a small power-amp off a 50cc scooter (i think its a yammy aerox) so power in my case should be fine.

As I commute to work locally on a relitavely quiet road, and my bikes engine pretty much whispers so volume isnt too much of a demand, plus, the speakers are directional and were designed for motorbikes. I know my music will be heard by fellow commuters but to be honest I can hear every second cars radio anyway, and I wont be trying to blast anyone away.

I know what you mean with the bluetooth headset/earphones, but i've been avoiding them as I feel I wont hear the road if music is pumped directly into my ears.

Thanks for your help so far :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online