XJR1300 Cold Start Rough Idle

HotNox
This post is 5224 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Wondering if anyone with a XJR1300 2007 onwards model with EFI can advice if their bike runs smooth or rough on cold start? My 2009 model runs like a hairy goat at idle. She coughs and splutters with cold idle at about 1800rpm intermittently jumping to around 1500rpm and back to 1800 rpm before it smooths out after a minute or so then idles smoother at around 1100rpm. She also takes a long crank time (~3 sec) to fire when cold. Would also appreciate any advice on how to fix.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wondering if anyone with a XJR1300 2007 onwards model with EFI can advice if their bike runs smooth or rough on cold start? My 2009 model runs like a hairy goat at idle. She coughs and splutters with cold idle at about 1800rpm intermittently jumping to around 1500rpm and back to 1800 rpm before it smooths out after a minute or so then idles smoother at around 1100rpm. She also takes a long crank time (~3 sec) to fire when cold. Would also appreciate any advice on how to fix.

It'll still be under warrenty, take it to a yam dealer

I have checked the CO emission settings on the panel and found them to be as follows: C1= -7; C2= 3; C3= 6; C4= 16. Anyone with a fuel injected XJR advice what there settings are?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online