Tyre Sizes DTR125

This post is 5231 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys.

Im pretty confident this question has been asked before, but ive spent a while trawling the forums and cant find anything.

Ive just bought a DTR125 as a bit of a starter bike which i will be using for Greenlaning/Enduro,I want to put some big offroad tyres on it and wondered how big i could go. any hlep would be much appreciated!!

regards

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys.

Im pretty confident this question has been asked before, but ive spent a while trawling the forums and cant find anything.

Ive just bought a DTR125 as a bit of a starter bike which i will be using for Greenlaning/Enduro,I want to put some big offroad tyres on it and wondered how big i could go. any hlep would be much appreciated!!

regards

Why? They are horrible things. Squirm and wobble, wear out faster than a political promise and are generaly surface specific, ie they only really work in sand or mud.

A good open block trail tyre (like the long way round stuff) would be better for all round use. I did all sorts of stuff on my Aircooled DT on bridgestone trail wings :o . The bike was light enough to work on em though. It stayed with the flash lads on big knarly mud tyres and we all came off on the smooth slimy ground.

Hi, on my DT i used to use either bf Goodrich Crossengo's or michelin ac10's. Both done the job fine and fitted where as i tried a mitas co2 and it rubbed on the crap flap so way to big and also imo looked rubbish because it was too big.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online