The garage

drfeelgood824
This post is 5225 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'm interested in getting the '78 up and running within the next couple of weeks. I had a minor set-back last week w/ the carb being gunked up and me inserting one of the jet needle upside down...but aside from all that, that that bike runs smooth. The original fuel tank had severe rust at the lower end. I replaced that w/ the current tank. The fork seals also dried out on me... I had them replaced with aftermarket seals, but I still notice a small difference when I ride. But for it year, its clean. Very little rust. Believe it or not, this bike has been garage kept its entire life. The only water it saw was from mud on a trail.

When I purchased the bike back in '98 I received the original manual, and sales brochure to from the original owner. The bike was originally grey, but being 16 at the time, I had a vision of the turning this bike into something similar form Chuck Norris's Delta force days, lol.

But its my air cooled time machine. The YZF-400, I built from frame up, courtesy of eBay. I didn't have the budget to buy a new track bike at the time, so I built it part by part. Took me about two years to complete. The only customization I did on this bike was the Edelbrock Quick Silver carb in lieu of the stock Mikuni and the oversized fuel tank and yashimoto pipe + header.

The r6, i bought for myself once I got my first job back in '05. I almost lost it last year, when I thought I was going to loose my job. But thank God I didn't find a buyer at the time... I had it listed for peanuts...lol.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep them all.

Thanks for the post!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online