XJR1300 fuel tank range

Speedshop
This post is 5056 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

After the shaft drive on my R1150R broke at 50k miles (a common fault I'm lead to believe) I'm thinking of selling the piece of German junk. Apart from the shit build quality and crap indicator switches that need 3 sepearte buttons to operate them the thing that irks me the most is the fact that I have to fill the tank every 160 miles, a real pain as it needs a fuel stop every day if I'm commuting to work or every few hours if I'm on a long run. being able to get 200 + from a tank full would be an advantage.

Anyone got a XJR1200/1300 tell me how many miles it'll do to a tank?

And any other problems the bike suffers?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Anyone got a XJR1200/1300 tell me how many miles it'll do to a tank?

About 150 miles then onto reserve. (And I've never pushed my luck to see how far that goes.)

And any other problems the bike suffers?

Apart from a tendency to overtake everything in sight, no.

If it's abused, it'll go through rear tyres, chains and clutches, but then so will anything. Most of my mileage is two up, with luggage. Rear tyres (BT020s) do 6k, just changed chain and sprockets at 22k (front sprocket slightly hooked) and the clutch is sound. I've got a temperature gauge that screws in place of the oil filler cap, useful on slow runs like the Wootton Bassett ride.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online