03 R6

Hillbilly
This post is 5205 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I recently got an 03 r6 off a friend of mine. He hadn't ridden it much, and let it sit for awhile. After starting and stopping the motor a few times, the battery died. So i had it tested and recharged. Auto zone said it was still a good battery. Have been ridding it well since then, until this morning when i tried to start it up, and can hear the starter trying, but no joy in actually firing the bike up. Theres no choke, and its 95 degrees in Florida right now, so im not sure why it wont fire up. Its in Neutral, and kick-stand is up, clutch pulled in, front brake on. The Engine Start is in the ON position, still got nothing. No idea why. The only idea i have is that maybe some rain got into the exhaust pipe, since it did storm pretty bad a few days ago, when i had it on the porch. Rain doesn't fall straight down in Florida, tends to swings in from the side. No other ideas.

This is my first bike. Been consulting google, and this forum hoping its something simple that im just overlooking.

• 4 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds to me like spark plug break down. take out a spark plug then when u have it out plug back into the HT lead and Touch the end onto somthing metal and see if it arcs to it be sure to keep ur hands and pinkys out of the way lol if it dont spark the time for sum new pugs fella try with all 4

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online