dt125 piston problems

quality bob
This post is 5235 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all,

First of all thank you for tacking a min. to look at this and pos. help. I have a DT125 and can not find the right piston ANYWHERE!!!! wiseco says they dont make ANY piston with the demensions i need. every dt125 piston i find is to short by about 4-5mm. the bike will run but does not have enough compression to make any real power. if i cant find the piston i will be forced to shave the cylinder down, wich i dont want to do. the bike is from over seas but wiseco check there over seas department and still found nothing. I dont know what to do. can anybody through me some help here? thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bob, how can you get an answer when you dont fill in the detail

What bike model

what year

engine frame numbers?

I cant guarantee any answers but info will help anyone who may try to help.

SORRY IT IS A 2001 DT125 NOT A R, LC, X OR ANY OF THAT JUST A DT125. THE MOTOR HAS 31U-00 ON THE CYLINDER AND THE MOTOR IS 31U-?????? THE FRAME SAYS IT IS A 2001 XT225 WICH IS A 4 STROKE. IT HAS A STEEL TANK AND LOOKS LIKE A 70'S MODEL BIKE BUT ITS NOT. I KNOW THEY SEND THEM TO LIKE AFRICA AND STUFF FOR SERVICE VEHICLES BUT CANT FIND ANY PART ON THEM. THE VIN IS JYA4BEC0X1A848107. IF THATS ANY HELP. I HOPE IT IS

The chassis is for a XT225, that is confimed through the vin

(edited) Duh senior moment....sorry.

This is your engine, model 31U, the bike its from is columbian. Here's a pdf of the manual.

DT 125/175D

Its broadly the same as the UK/US bikes from 30 years ago, but some things appear to be updated a bit. As to the chassis. Dunno the motor could have been swaped for a dud? Or thats what they had so they made it work. Odd though. Got any pictures?

ok, but how do i find the right piston? it's a 58mm bore, but the wiseco pistons, well any piston i have bought is 4-5mm from the top of the cylinder when at top dead center. but the pistons are the same hight. it's like the pin in the wiseco pistons are in the wrong place. and there ar no markings on the piston that was in it. how can I find the right piston before i spend anymore $$$ on the wrong piston again? I'll try to get some pics of it i've seen some that look like it but ill see what i can find.

VERY HELPFUL!!!!!!! i think ill try to get ahold of that guy and try to get a part number for the right piston. how did you find that???? that is EXACTLY what im going through!!! same differances and all!!!! thanx bunches ill keep you posted!!!

VERY HELPFUL!!!!!!! i think ill try to get ahold of that guy and try to get a part number for the right piston. how did you find that???? that is EXACTLY what im going through!!! same differances and all!!!! thanx bunches ill keep you posted!!!

I remembered reading it a while back

I suggest you ask on

yamahait.au

these bikes are popular in australia

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online