tickover sticks

celicatintin
This post is 5236 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi first time on thought i would say hello. Hello! Not sure where to post this one(pretty useless on forums) but i have a 94 rd330r ypvs. Nice little bike which ran spot on until it developed a fuel leak near the tap. I had it "professionally" repaired, and it leaked again. I tried a resin kit in the tank. That didnt work either. I decided to check out the professional repair (body filler on the bottom) I ground out the filler to reveal small rust holes. I tried Super Steel from halfords under advice £6. Worked perfect. It then flew through the test but now the tickover sticks at 5-6000 rpm. When cold no probs. When its warm and you first start it no probs. But after a couple of minutes it sticks again. I have removed the airbox to check if the throttle valve assembleys are returning. Which they are. I removed the throttle cable and oiled it and the cylindrical cable collector where the cable from the handlebar joins up with the carb ones. All seem fine but it does it every time i put it together. Please any suggestions greatfully recieved. And if this is in the wrong place tell me and i'll move it cheers steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online