dtre 125

This post is 5233 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone

has anybody looked into converting a dtre 125 to a 200 or 230,i realise they will have different size bores,the main thing i am thinking is,is there enough room to fit the 200,230 crank with the longer con rod into the 125 crank cases,maybe a air cooled dt175 crank,any ideas welcome,has anybody had the 125 crank cases apart and noticed how much room around crank webs for a bigger crank.

look forward to hearing from you all.

cheers

yamahait

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Get a DT Lanza?? 230cc and looks identical to a dt125re

The 200/230 crank is i believe effectively a stroked 125 crank.As to the cases being the same i don't know but a part number search should confirm it. The stroke is up by around 15mm and then a (probably re-worked DT175) 66mm piston is stuck on top making a nearly square engine at 220 odd cc.

Good for about 40 horses. They don't rev like the 125's though, they are more about grunt (relatively, it is a 2 stroke) than the 125.

anybody had these 125 crank cases apart and noticed if enough room to get bigger crank in,i have a it 465,crank is huge,bottom end grunt brill,wheelie anywhere you want to,not really practicle for road use although it is registered,got the re to buzz about on and just looking at a bit more power,if cases need machining out i can get that done,just looking for crank web sizes etc to see if its feasible.a complete bottom end with a blown crank would be good if anyones got one at the right money.

cheers

mark.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online