1986 XT350 keyswitch by-pass help

This post is 5249 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All, a new one here. I just picked up an XT350 that I had previously owned and did a bunch of work to, but then traded it for another bike. I have it back now and realized that I put a new wiring harness on it and never thought that the keyswitch would possibly have to be by-passed. When I first got the bike the wiring harness was all cobbled together, but it worked. Since I have replaced it I am thinking the key switch not being bypassed would be causing it not to start. I have not checked spark but I know how these things work.... no key... no starty! It is a 1986 Yamaha XT350 with no lights, gauges or keyswitch, etc... can someone tell me what wires are the key switch plug? What do I have to connect to make it a complete circuit to get spark?

Thanks in advance!

Craig.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It might be what wire you have to disconnect.

many might feel uncomfortable answering this on a forum - how to hot wire a bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online