Trust your instincts

Cynic
This post is 5161 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Came close to an off today and the best of it is if i'd been riding like a tawt i'd have been nowhere near. Riding through Buckby obeying all the laws of the road. Being a good boy just enjoying being on the bike, going nowhere with all afternoon to do it in.

Coming out of buckby village under the bridge approaching the national limit, checks mirror, indicator on, thinking pass the car and the van on the straigh(ish) bit then i've got the bends to myself. The car desides to turn right! one of those mirror, signal, turn all done as one jobbies. He clocks me at the last second and brakes/carries on a bit i had already braked as it felt all wrong as i went to get on the gas. Have no idea why, i must have noticed something. We exchanged cheery waves (sic) and went on our ways.

Like i said at the start, if i had been riding like a tit i would have been past on the road coming out of the village. There was nothing coming the other way and the threat would have been long past its only the speed limit that held me back. I was proceeding perfectly lawfully and had been behind the car for several miles. He MUST have known i was there.

Laters......

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The car desides to turn right! one of those mirror, signal, turn all done as one jobbies.

How many times have we been there?

I've noticed that since being a biker I am very, very vigilant.

The sunshine and warm dry weather turns every body into Tom Cruz (fighter-pilot) or Penelope Cruise (totty), put both in a road vehicle, Tom cant multi-task, so when on the open road is usually driving (like Tom Cruise, unless he spots Penelope, then he tries to think about two things at once-driving and Penelope's voluptious ti**, ok 3 things then,,,)

Penelope can multi-task, and does most of the time :unsure: , shopping, lunch, kids, how to fill up or check oil, that dress, pot plants, 2 for 1's, that cow at work, the Debenhams sale,,etc, etc, etc, you get the idea :lol::mellow:

anyhoo, Cynic has a very good point here, accidents dont come along with any predictability, by nature they arrive without warning, enjoy the freedom, don't 'use it up' ! B)

Had an off on Friday and haven't worked out why as my memory blanked.

Was out enjoying a lovely sunny day with no hurries to get anywhere when suddenly the car in front veered into the wrong lane, snatched it back, and did an emergency stop in front of me.

I tried to stop, realised at last minute I wasn't going to stop in time, so went around him instead, no collisions, phew!. Driver had his head in his hands as I went around, was expecting me to hit him. Rather than stop and get into an argument, I decided it best to continue and let him have fun with his shocked girlfriend in the passenger seat.

Just a few corners later I failed to take a corner and I had an off, no idea why yet, whether the bike failed mechanically or whether it was rider error, I was only doing 20-25mph. Lady watching could see I wasn't going to take the corner and saw me hit the central reservation, come off, and knocked myself out on landing. Result is a broken right wrist, bloody nose, and nicely swollen face with some temporary feeling loss was the result. Still waiting to see the condition of the bike as it's in a recovery garage 10 miles away.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online