Divvy exhaust

steve_in_scotland
This post is 7352 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I do 100 miles a day commuting on my lovely 1997 XJ600S Divvy. Its a great bike, good to ride, very reliable, and economical.

My bike still has the original 4 into 2 exhausts and both the 2 into 1 bits have rotted and just started to leak.

I am thinking of replacing the whole exhaust systeme with a Motad 4 into 1. Has anyone else done this and were there any problems?

Cheers

Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Steve, :hi to the Forum!

The motad is a reasonable alternative, and if you give it a good service including the carbs you should even get a few more horses :twisted: .

I had a Divvy 600, then a 900, and think that the biggest downside is that it spoils the look of the bike - it's well balanced with a can either side and they do look weird with only a right one. :shock: If you have any intention of changing the bike, stick to the 4/2 - it'll hold a better price :wink:

It's not difficult to get and fit a new collector box thus retaining the original cans, it just depends on their condition and your personal preference i guess.