I need help! i cant find any info on this bike

grease.monkey
This post is 5234 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there im new to this website. i stubbled apon it while trying to find any information on my bike. from i got so far it is a 1970 yamaha 80cc 2 stroke street bike possibly a "g5s"? im not sure the model and i have been doing a TON OF RESARCH and i cant find anything except i found an owners manuel ( thats why i believe its a "g5s" ) and an air cleaner and frame on ebay. but other then that i cant find any info at all. i saw the bike sitting in a friends garage and did some resto work on his 1969 trail 90 and he said i could have this bike. i tore the bike down and checked everything and cleaned it up and took it for its first spin in about 10 years. its a fast fun little bike i just have no clue what it is. it is very clean and complety unrestored and all origianal. the only thing bad is the paint on the top of the tank is faded but otherwise its in perfect condition. please if anybody know what this bike is or any info on it or where i can get some please help me. thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How can we help without an picture, an engine number...a frame number? :rolleyes:

haha im sorry i tried to post a pic but im new to this site and im just figuring it out.

the frame numbe is the same as the engine number which is G5-321076 and im going to try to post a pic asap. thanks for your response

hi there im new to this website. i stubbled apon it while trying to find any information on my bike. from i got so far it is a 1970 yamaha 80cc 2 stroke street bike possibly a "g5s"? im not sure the model and i have been doing a TON OF RESARCH and i cant find anything except i found an owners manuel ( thats why i believe its a "g5s" ) and an air cleaner and frmae on ebay. but other then that i cant find any info at all. i saw the bike sitting in a friends garage and did some resto work on his 1969 trail 90 and he said i could have this bike. i tore the bike down and checked eerything and cleaned it up and took it for itd firt spin in anout 10 years. its a fast fun little bike i just have no clue what it is. it is very clean and compllety unrestored and all origianal. the only thing bad is the pain on the top of the tank is semi faded but otherwise its in perfect condition. please if anybody know what this bike is or any info on it or where i can get some please help me. thanks

heres some pics of the bike

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag5s.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag5sa.jpg

Modified FS1? (seat, scrambler pipe). If so, your bike is the fizzle. Not fo'shizzle.

http://www.nirvana-motorcycles.com/images/FS1-E%20MJB438P%20-1%20%28Large%29.JPG

mcnbabesscotland10Mar07.jpg

EDIT

My apologies, Fizzie, that is. http://www.motorbase.com/auctionlot/by-id/1659716593/

well i thought about that when i first saw the bike in the guys garage before i took it home because thats the closest thing i could find on it but its not. the guy said this bike is completely all original never been touched. and if it was a fizzie the frame and engine number would say? correct? im not sure but if anybody wants to see the ebay site where it shows a parts or this so called g5s heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=120571865382

aaaaaaownersmanuel.gif

wow thank you "exess4" that info really helped alot. so now im pretty sure that its a g5 but all the other sites with anything on a g5 is somebody asking about them because they cant find any info. doeas anybody know here i can find out how much i could get for mine? member a collector of rare bikes? :)

wow thank you "exess4" that info really helped alot. so now im pretty sure that its a g5 but all the other sites with anything on a g5 is somebody asking about them because they cant find any info. doeas anybody know here i can find out how much i could get for mine? member a collector of rare bikes? :)

"Don't beleive half of what you see and none of what you hear" - Reed

The 2nd link/thread was to illustrate a point (your own), stuff hard to find (or yes, your bike doesn't exist :headscratch: ).

Google search Yamaha G7S, then IMAGE search same, click picture I found shown above, found it on 1st page of image results. Join that forum and maybe that owner can help you out in a big way.

Then: sell your scoot to my sis :yeahthat:

Search and you shall find.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online