KR & KTM??

YamaHead
This post is 7339 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ProtonKR.jpg

Proton Team KR have revealed that they will test a MotoGP engine built by Austrian manufacturers KTM in a private test after the Grande Premio Marlboro de Portugal next month. Team Manager Chuck Aksland insisted that no permanent deal has been struck between the team and KTM, but said the partnership was a viable option for the future if results from the test are positive.

“We have the chassis almost completed and ready for the test at Estoril,” confirmed Aksland. “The engine has performed well on the dyno but we want to evaluate it in a chassis, which will be interesting from our point of view and for KTM.

“We are looking at our options for the future and KTM is one of them, although nothing has been agreed just yet. We are very interested to see the capabilities of the engine on a racetrack and we’re planning to test on the Monday and Tuesday, maybe even the Wednesday, after the Grand Prix.”

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I heard they are gonna test an engine made by Blata aswell. Hope it's a bit bigger than the one in mine though!

Hey, did ya hear where the WCM/Harris Squad has supposedly got a V6 in the works for next year? :? .........

Gotta be some Cool 8) going on in the paddock :wink:

I haven't heard that but I might be able to get some insider info as I know one of the mechanics.

I've heard some rumours that petronas could be getting completely new engines (know two people working on them but they're not allowed to say anymore)

I haven't heard that but I might be able to get some insider info as I know one of the mechanics.

I've heard some rumours that petronas could be getting completely new engines  (know two people working on them but they're not allowed to say anymore)

I wonder if that could mean that we'll see Foggy's team running more "in the hunt" :?: aa_3.gif......Who Knows? :shrug

The KR team have to do something, that's for sure! This current bike is slower than their old stroker. Pootling about at the back dicing with the WCM bikes is just a joke.

I doubt that KTM could build an engine to challenge even the underpowered Suzuki, let alone the Yamaha or Honda. They simply do not have enough experience. Aprilia, KR and Suzuki have learnt the HARD WAY: F1 technology doesn't work on bikes.

Thank God that in our sport, it is the rider that counts as much, if not more, than the machine.

It's the rider that counts as much, if not more, than the machine.

Which is why you can appreciate just how Exceptional of a rider, Rossi really is :wink: 8)

Which is why you can appreciate just how Exceptional of a rider, Rossi really is :wink: 8)

Totally agree about Rossi. If you can remember from a previous thread, he is in my all time top 5. Only Biaggi is anywhere near him today. If you remember back a couple of years, Biaggi kept Yamaha from 100% humiliation for a couple of seasons before he switched to Honda. It's a shame that Biaggi's mechanic (his own Burgess) died at the start of this season.

Burgess is avery important part of Rossi's (and before him Doohan's) success.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online