2007 WR250F exhaust question

This post is 5210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone....

I have a 2007 WR250F that I recently acquired....and I have a concern about the stock exhaust. When the bike is started using the fuel enrichner lever, during the warmup, the exhaust header gets RED HOT!!!.....Is this normal?????

Once the bike is warmed up enough to ride the pipe cools down and looks normal, but I can't ride it until it warms up enough to stay running which takes about 4-5 minutes of really high idling with the enrichner on. I'm concerned there may be something wrong with the bike...and I don't want to damage the motor due to the high temperatures.......I've had several dirt bikes and quads and have never seen this.....Any info or help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have the same bike and I haven't experienced anything like you are describing. When starting the bike with the choke on, I only need the choke on for about 30 seconds or less before it will idle at a regular speed (choke off). Have you looked at the carburetor to see if any of the jets are gunked up? As far as I am aware the bike should not have any of the idle issues you are having.

Cheers and happy riding!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online