FZR600 drive bearring

kyle-ferguson
This post is 5232 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the bearring around the sprocket shaft has collapsed in my fzr 600 (1990 donkey) I have a spare 1993 engine that im hoping i can salvage from. Do i have to split the gearbag to do this job? Aint looked at it yet and hoping for a quick yea or nea.

PLUS!!!

does anyone know of a clutch spring upgrade on a FZR1000 (1990) that i can do on my streetfighter. Harder springs from different yoke or someehing like that?

Cheers

Kyle

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Kyle, this fault is common with running the chain too tight and to replace the bearing will inevitably need you to split the engine.

To prevent this, I have always run my chain slightly looser than spec ( 1/2 in either way with load on seat)

Hope this helps, even if it's not the answer you wanted!

You should go with a new bearing if this is a problem on this bike. Chances are the bearing on that old engine isn't far behind the one thats gone! Yes you will have to split the engine. It might be possible just to turn the motor upside down and remove the bottom case leaving the top end in tact. You will be able to fish out any bits of bearing as well while its apart ;)

Cheers mo fo's. I will get stuck into her before the winter as i keep the 1000 good for the summer.

Any advise on the clutch for the 1000? Its like every yamaha ive owned has a slippy clutch when they are cold! But thats the only bad thing i can say about em.

I abused a ktm640 last summer the way i do my yams and she buckeled within 2 months ha ha!

P.S. any one want or know of anyone who wants a set of black KTM640 SM presteige twinpipe plastics?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online