Problem with coolant in exhaust!

jamesw
This post is 5242 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my dt, i have just replaced the piston and now it wont start! i have found that there is coolant in the exhaust! what have i done? is there a remedy for this ?any halp greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello everyone, I have a problem with my dt, i have just replaced the piston and now it wont start! i have found that there is coolant in the exhaust! what have i done? is there a remedy for this ?any halp greatly appreciated.

Hello James.

Did you remove the radiator cap and remove the drain bolt from the water pump and lean the bike to the right until all coolant was drained...before slackening the cylinder head nuts?

It sounds like you did'nt and now have coolant in your crankcase :unsure:

Hello James.

Did you remove the radiator cap and remove the drain bolt from the water pump and lean the bike to the right until all coolant was drained...before slackening the cylinder head nuts?

It sounds like you did'nt and now have coolant in your crankcase :unsure:

Ah that would be the problem!thanks for the advice, i will dismantle it all again.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online