Steady 60mph on a DT

2 Wheels
This post is 5243 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all,

Just a quick question for all you DT fans !

I'd like to know what you think of doing a steady 60mph for about an hour or so on a dt125 (my lil bike)

Do you think i will be killing my lil engine ?

I'd like to think not but im not sure !

What ya think.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Top o" the mornin to yeh" [ irish accent] , The dt shud handle it, good quallity oil, [ check] and settup [ mixture] as long as you dont hold it flat out, for long spells,

Also running out of fuel [ swiching to res] can lean a two-stroke out. go for it, cool.gif

Top o" the mornin to yeh" [ irish accent] , The dt shud handle it, good quallity oil, [ check] and settup [ mixture] as long as you dont hold it flat out, for long spells,

Also running out of fuel [ swiching to res] can lean a two-stroke out. go for it, cool.gif

Aye blackhat, hows it going !!

You reckon it is up to the job.

Think i have mixture setup right although the 2stroke oil does seem to drop a bit quick, but better that way than not enough, eha!

Didnt know that putting to res would lean out a stroker ---- learn somethin new everyday.----- cheres for that !!!

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif

tongue.gif

Hey OG, what you think, you dont sound convinced that no harm will come to it ?

Aye blackhat, hows it going !!

You reckon it is up to the job.

Think i have mixture setup right although the 2stroke oil does seem to drop a bit quick, but better that way than not enough, eha!

Didnt know that putting to res would lean out a stroker ---- learn somethin new everyday.----- cheres for that !!!

Hey OG, what you think, you dont sound convinced that no harm will come to it ?

it's be fine Pat 60 isnt thrashing it by any means...but you have a 600 cbr?...why not that?

it's be fine Pat 60 isnt thrashing it by any means...but you have a 600 cbr?...why not that?

A yes, indeed i do but,

as it is getting rough arround the edges, just passed 60,000miles and is a 98 bike with a bit of tidying up to do on it(im not realy one for washing me bike)----- i am thinking into the distance of when the time comes to change to a newer model, if my lil dt will get me passed for the time it takes me to source another bike !

And then, o what, o what, o what will i go for next !!!