DT175MX 1981

This post is 5262 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

Just stripping down a 1981 DT175 I've just picked up. It would appear at some time in it's life someone decided to improvise somewhat (bodge), and drilled a new hole through the frame to mount the suspension in a different place - (to the left of the flange in the pic). I assume this was to give more rear ride height? Either that, or the shock that is fitted is shorter than standard. So 2 things - anyone able to confirm the length of the standard shock, and secondly, is this a common alteration?

Lee

33936278.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Just stripping down a 1981 DT175 I've just picked up. It would appear at some time in it's life someone decided to improvise somewhat (bodge), and drilled a new hole through the frame to mount the suspension in a different place - (to the left of the flange in the pic). I assume this was to give more rear ride height? Either that, or the shock that is fitted is shorter than standard. So 2 things - anyone able to confirm the length of the standard shock, and secondly, is this a common alteration?

Lee

33936278.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I recon just about every aircooled has either had this done or the owners thought about it. So long as its no more than an inch (25mm) tops from the original (or the shock will bind) and your not planning hardcore motocross it will be fine. The proper bolt is needed though that one looks a bit small.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online