advice on next bike

fite516
This post is 5171 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I got on hoping to maybe get some experienced advice on what I should be looking at for my next bike. I've been riding my '07 FZ6 for about 2 years during the summers. I love the bike but I've been considering going the sport bike route.

A little history, I grew up in Oklahoma and have been riding dirt bikes since I was 12. But just a couple years ago starting riding on the street. I decided to start on the FZ6 because of its comfortable riding position. And I've had a blast riding route66 around my home. Honestly I'm not completely sold on if I should get a new bike or not. But I'm 25 now, and I've moved to westchester, NY for my job. I wanted to see about owning a sport bike. So with that said I was hoping to get some advice. I'm not looking for any crazy thrills here. No stunts, no excessive speeding. I obey traffic laws and am just lookin for a fun time up here in the new york/connecticut area riding with some friends. And It'll also be a commuter during the warm months. So what should I be looking at? Right now I'm partial to staying in the Yamaha family but I like the look of Gixxers as well. oh and I'm 6'2", 220lbs. (sometimes I feel like I'm a touch too big for the FZ6, but it hasn't really been an issue by any means.)

Sweet, hope to hear from you guys!

thanks,

fite516

I should also say that I'm not here hoping to get an approval from you guys to get a R1. I am just looking for advice on whether or not I would enjoy getting a sport bike. What are the pros/cons I can look forward to if I were to get one. I don't consider myself a new rider, but I'm not gonna call myself a pro by any stretch of the imagination either.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I got on hoping to maybe get some experienced advice on what I should be looking at for my next bike. I've been riding my '07 FZ6 for about 2 years during the summers. I love the bike but I've been considering going the sport bike route.

A little history, I grew up in Oklahoma and have been riding dirt bikes since I was 12. But just a couple years ago starting riding on the street. I decided to start on the FZ6 because of its comfortable riding position. And I've had a blast riding route66 around my home. Honestly I'm not completely sold on if I should get a new bike or not. But I'm 25 now, and I've moved to westchester, NY for my job. I wanted to see about owning a sport bike. So with that said I was hoping to get some advice. I'm not looking for any crazy thrills here. No stunts, no excessive speeding. I obey traffic laws and am just lookin for a fun time up here in the new york/connecticut area riding with some friends. And It'll also be a commuter during the warm months. So what should I be looking at? Right now I'm partial to staying in the Yamaha family but I like the look of Gixxers as well. oh and I'm 6'2", 220lbs. (sometimes I feel like I'm a touch too big for the FZ6, but it hasn't really been an issue by any means.)

Sweet, hope to hear from you guys!

thanks,

fite516

I should also say that I'm not here hoping to get an approval from you guys to get a R1. I am just looking for advice on whether or not I would enjoy getting a sport bike. What are the pros/cons I can look forward to if I were to get one. I don't consider myself a new rider, but I'm not gonna call myself a pro by any stretch of the imagination either.

:welcome: fite.

i'm old school so its bennelli sei 750, ducati 900s. TZ750, triumph hurricane, guzzi le mans and a vyrus for good measure

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online